Topic

Glitchicon

I had to share this because its been bugging me for a few days and I needed to get it out of my head.

I keep coming across (and thinking of) glitch-based words. e.g. glitching, glitchzen, glitcher, etc. I've forgotten more than I remember!

We need a bit of a glitchicon - a glitchionary for words based on 'Glitch'.

Add any contribution of words and definitions (including the above) below.

My own personal development:
I've been 'be-glitched' by the magic of Glitch.

Posted 13 years ago by Twoodle Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Love it !

Glitchese - Rhymes with Chinese. The language you are speaking when you use the words in the Glitchionary category.

glitchin' - 1) the act of playing Glitch ex. Leave me alone , can't you see I'm busy glitchin'
    2) akin to bitchin' in a positive way. Urban slang for really cool. ex. Wow man, that concert was really glitchin"
    3) akin to bitchin' in a negative way. Usually used in relation to the game not being open. ex. Quit yer' glitchin it will open when it's ready.
    Posted 13 years ago by Divine~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wikiwikiwiki... www.glitch-strategy.com/wik... :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh yeah, we be glitchin'!! LOL Love it!

And from Hburger's link, I think I rather like being called a Glitchiputian. Right out of Oz.

Glitchicon. Yes. This needs some serious discussion.

Fun thread, Twoodle. Thanks!
    Posted 13 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thought "glitchicon" was referring to a glitch festival of some sort. You know, a Glitch con. Now I'm disappointed.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tofu Casserole Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm with Tofu! I thought we were planning a fabulous Glitchtravaganza. Damn.
    Posted 13 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch icon was what I thought for a sec.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also had the first thought of glitchicon meaning a convention of glitchers. A bit like those Star Wars/Star Trek conventions I've heard about.

Glitchography-Biography about the birth of Glitch.
    Glitchagrams-Like telegrams. Short email or text messages about the game of Glitch.
    Posted 13 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To have a glitch
    - an incurable itch that just won't go away (like a desperate desire to play Glitch again!)
  • I love "Glitchionary"!
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • the desperate desire to play glitch again is known as having either the 'glitch itch' or the 'glitch twitch'.
    Posted 13 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sounds like a Glitchificacious idea to me!
    Posted 13 years ago by Bob Apple Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love the glitch words!!! Fun... now to work it into more conversations.
    Posted 13 years ago by Niknik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, glitcheriffic!
    Posted 13 years ago by PittyPat is sad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • During test days, my husband gives me a pass because I'm Glitch-ing. He's even nice enough to deposit food in the vicinity of the PC : )

Glitchtastic Idea, A Glictionary.... ranks right up there with Glitchmas.
    Posted 13 years ago by Travinara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just invented a new one because in a chat window, Travinara said "Just 10 minutes in the game...just 10 minutes" which sounds to me like a druggie, hence:
    I had to take Trav to the Glitchodone clinic...
    Posted 13 years ago by RM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, we are suffering some serious withdrawal problems....
  • I think I have Glitchitis. An incurable disease in which one checks this web page on a regular basis (say every 5-30 mins) hoping that the game will be open and subsequently gets sad when it isn't.
    I need to see the Glitch Doctor!! HA HA! Couldn't pass that one up-now I have that song stuck in my head though. www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM...
  • Holly,
    better get some glitchicillin before you need to have a glitchectomy!
    Posted 13 years ago by Zev Bellringer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitchitchitus - A severe mental disorder brought on by extended periods of waiting for the game to open. The only known cure is equally long bouts of submersion therapy.
  • Glitchology - the study of all things Glitchy - maybe there's a degree?
  • Well, that would be a BG, of course! And then you could go for your MG. :)
  • Well just to let everyone know...I didn't have Glitchitus (which is ACTUALLY playing Glitch for hours on end and forgetting to sleep or eat regularly) all I had were Glitchbumps-like goosebumps which form when one waits on the edge of their seat impatiently hoping that they will catch a time when the game is open. I was told it was a good thing I didn't have Glitchenpox (which has something to do with squeezing chickens) because at my age it could be very dangerous.
  • Glitchitude- the attitude you get when someone tries to take away time from playing Glitch.

Glitchies: 1) like the itchies, or 2) another term for Glitch players

Twitcher- what you call twitter when you check it constantly to see if Glitch is open.

Glitch-tacular.
    Posted 13 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are Glitchtacular!
  • Glitchaphobic - The fear that Glitch will never open.

Glitchathon -The act of playing Glitch for a REALLY long time non-stop , like every second of a week long test i.e.

Glitchphoria - The feeling one gets when Glitch opens.

Glitchaholic - One who is addicted to all things Glitch.
  • GQ (as opposed to IQ) your Glitch Quotient. If KevBob has learned so many skills in such a short time his GQ must be off the scale :)
  • I need to Glitcherate! - the act of glitching in order to satisfy the Glitchitchitus.
    oh my
    Posted 13 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • KevBob has what I used to refer to as Mod Magic in FS , I once saw him get 4 levels of skills in a matter of seconds. That being said he is undoubtedly a Glitchenius while I myself feel I fall more in the Glitchtard range ....
  • Reglitcherate - The explaining over again of the principles of Glitch in order to clarify things to a Glitchtard
  • Glitchaphobe-A person who does not understand the need to play Glitch, the Glitchionary, or anything to do with Glitch. i.e. sometimes a spouse or significant other
  • well I think Glichtard is not such a great choice of words :@
    Posted 13 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I try to keep from using "retard" as a put down or slang. People are people, even if their IQ score isn't "normal" or they aren't able to express themselves in "normal" ways. Sooo "glitchtard" doesn't cut it for me (and other's that are sensitive to people with intellectual disabilities and the people that love them)... but Glitchenius is a keeper!!!
    For anyone interested you can sign a petition and pledge to stop using this word!
    new.petitiononline.com/word...
    Also... i won't apologize for my rant, some things just need to be said. BUT, i will get off my soap box and glitchax (relax?) a bit :)
  • LOL at HW's glitchaphobe - sounds exactly like my significant other!

He'd probably hate that we're thinking in terms of Glitchosophy - philosophy of Glitch
  • I reserve the right to use self deprecating lingo for the purposes of personal amusement.
  • Reglitcherate - The explaining over again of the principles of Glitch in order to clarify things to a Glitchtard? hahaha your so funny....NOT
  • The fact that you don't find it funny amuses me even more , I'm a real gliatch that way ....
  • +1
  • So glad you agree ...
  • Twoodle & Holly Waterfall... i agree about Glitchaphobe! I think we will all end up with many of those in our lives, but maybe we'll make some Glitchaholics out of them :)
  • GlitchenPox!! Okay. I don't know why, but that one made me totally laugh out loud. Maybe that's what you would get if you squeeze a chicken one too many times!
  • Glitchicide - The act of purposefully dying in Glitch so you can earn the Darwin Award or some other badge relating to death. Or simply because you find Purgatory entertaining .
  • Love it, Holly & PA!! GlitchenPox!!! Symptoms could be running around, jumping wildly and squawking when players approach you!
    Posted 13 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I need glithcycaffeine! Soy?
    Posted 13 years ago by tweetypie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • glitch'y smokey..petting the piggies for a porkchop
    Posted 13 years ago by Queen Alcmene Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Don't know if anyone else has been mentally doing this but I already think of my character/avatar as my Glitchatar....
  • I'm feeling Gliachy today.

This thread should have come with a liquid warning!!
    Posted 13 years ago by Piece of Serenity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm totally flashing back to the eighties when my friends and I used to play Smurfs. O_o
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink