Topic

Bug? Mid-task at midnight

Granted, I should have been looking at the clock more closely, but I was wondering if this was the intended behavior...

I was in the middle of smelting a large batch of metal and the game clock rolled over and I got a "New day" splash screen and refill. When I finished, the energy was deducted from the new day's energy pool, leaving me with almost no energy for the new day.

I don't think I've ever seen the game day roll over for me right at midnight (as late as 12:06 by game time, once), so I kind of expected it to wait until I was done with whatever I started before the new day. I assume it's because when I smelt 540 metal, it's not a Smelt(540), but a bunch of chained Smelt(1), and so the game treats each as a discrete operation, so it can put a game refresh in the middle of something that to the player seems like one operation. Obviously, this could apply to anything (spice grinding, crushing, fruit changing, etc.) where you can enter a bulk quantity and it's carried out the same way.

Is this the expected behavior? Should I be watching the game clock much more closely than I have in the past or is this an unintended interaction that should be modified?

Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago by EnnuiStreet Subscriber! | Permalink