Topic

[not a bug] Climbing Street Posts

Repro Steps
-----------
Press Up on keyboard when standing under a sign post.

Expected Behavior
-----------------
Climb it or go through to the next Street.

Actual Behavior
---------------
3 different variances.

1. If there is only 1 sign you will immediately teleport to the next street.
2. When standing you will simply "latch" onto the signpost and it will enlarge allowing you to select different streets with a highlight style.
3. If you jump at a signpost and press Up your character will latch on like a spider monkey.

It's really weird, definitely seems buggy.

Posted 14 years ago by Austang Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• The up arrow is another way to press enter, I thought?
    Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • During the Sunday test I noticed that as I came into a new area my avatar was hovering above the ground next to the sign post. When I moved forward it caused me to move one step, then fall down to the ground. It wasn't high on the sign post, just noticeably above the ground. It was as if there was an invisible block that I had to step down from. It did not happen to me on Friday or Saturday though.
    Posted 14 years ago by Jade Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Up is just a keyboard shortcut for using signposts, but if there's multiple destinations, you have to indicate which one you want to take. This is not a bug :)

Jade: Do you remember where the signpost was?
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • West Waylon Way for sure, but else were as well. It seemed to happen every time I changed streets Sunday afternoon. I wish I could be more specific for you on the time, but I was running on fumes by then. Glitch is WAY too addicting, especially when you know you only have so much time to play. I think I only left for 8.5 of the 74 hours you guys were testing....... sad I know, lol.
  • I know for a fact that it did happen every time I came to or from West Waylon Way though. Right up until the game shut down too...... I don't think it was happening before noon. (PST)
  • Being stuck in mid-air after changing streets happened to me a few times as well. Felt like the animation stopped half way. Using your keyboard or mouse fixed it every time.
    I can probably provide screen-shots if needed.
    Posted 14 years ago by Mina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll take a look at that, but one part of it is probably that loading times got a bit long, and so you're likely to alt-tab while it's loading, which takes away browser focus (especially in Chrome, though it looks like you guys are using Firefox). I'll see if I can reproduce it; if not it may have to do with the higher player load we saw on Sunday.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink