Topic

Inspecting garden does nothing

I bought a house today that came with a fenced-in garden, one starving pig, and a whole lot of pork lying around. When I went to interact with the garden, I was given the option to "inspect" it, but the option seemed to be a no-op. Was this because I didn't have gardening skills, or was this some other bug?

Posted 14 years ago by quasistoic Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Sounds like a a bug with that house setup. This should take you to a miniwindow showing you the garden and allowing you to tend it.

(Is this a pop-up blocker thing? I dunno; I don't know Flash. It seems to me more like an in-window layer than a "popup".)
    Posted 14 years ago by clare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I almost reported at one point that no matter how much clicking I was doing on my garden to inspect it, nothing was showing up... until I noticed a second window on my lower tray, and discovered I'd somehow minimized the garden window and every time I clicked to inspect it, it was refreshing the garden in the minimized window which I wasn't looking at. Maybe you were having the same experience.
    Posted 14 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had some menu window appear above the game. Maybe it was for grape smashing, hitting enter too much, too fast.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It should open a popup, but I see you're using Chrome 5 which currently doesn't allow popups from flash at all (it wont even give you the option to allow them). We're working on a fix for Chrome 5 in the short term, and removing this particular popup in the medium term.
    Posted 14 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also encountered this problem - no response/no pop-up/no nothing - when using Safari. Switching to Chrome for Mac resolved the issue. Every time I use Safari, my garden is inaccessible.
    Posted 14 years ago by Glassabean Subscriber! | Permalink