Topic

[resolved] Frying is unstoppable, even if you drop your frying pan

I tried to cancel out of frying - there's a red "X" button that is unresponsive to my clicks, so in an effort to cancel I dropped my frying pan on the ground, but even after I did so, it kept on cooking! Plus there was no way to pick it up since I was busy frying :)

Perhaps this is a feature not a bug?

Posted 13 years ago by EgIantine Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• this goes for most activities I think. I stupidly picked the wrong fruit in the fruit changer and there was no canceling (and a refresh put me in a weird state of still-working but could do other things).

the red X in the dialog should cancel the action as a user would expect, i'd say with the work completed in the progress bar probably staying completed.
    Posted 13 years ago by Another Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A cancel button would be nice in place of the X at the very least. This happened when I apparently decided to make 222 cloudberries today...
    Posted 13 years ago by Aerin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +11 for cancel button, a nice-to-have.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lelu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Making mass cloudberries takes so long... urgh... and then if you close that window, it stops making them and prevents you from making more later because 'it is already doing something'.
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looking into a cancel button and also dropping the pan mid-fry. Thanks guys!
    Posted 13 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink