Topic

I turn into Wrendolin when I jump?!

You're probably not going to be able to reproduce this, but it's so weird I figured I ought to write it up:

Immediately after a server disconnect around 5pm Pacific time, ("You were temporarily disconnected from the game server. But I think everything will be ok now." said GOD), I find that my avatar, when it jumps (space bar), repeatedly adopts features of the only other person who was on the street at the time of the disconnect.

- When my avatar jumps, my hair style and clothing change to hers, but facial feature layout, hair color, and skin color remain my own. Also note, the garments I'm wearing in the below screen shot, aren't even in my purchased wardrobe! See: bit.ly/fRflVJ

- At the time of the disconnect my avatar was in Tallish Crest. By the time I noticed the bug, Wrendolin had left Tallish Crest and moved on to Alpine Vista, but my client did not have that notification ("Wrendolin has left :(") in local chat.

- Other people since entered and left that street, but my av did not take on their features.

- Moving to a different street did not solve the problem.

- Reloading did solve the problem.

Wrendolin's profile: alpha.glitch.com/profiles/P...

Here's my stats:
OS X/Safari 5.0
IP Address: 72.229.173.206
JavaScript: Enabled
Flash Player: Success (Version 10.1.102)
jQuery Loaded: Success
CDN 1 Direct: Success (515ms)
CDN 2 Direct: Success (631ms)
CDN 1 Global: Success (179ms)
CDN 2 Global: Success (109ms)

Posted 13 years ago by EgIantine Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• tee hee
    And don't you look fine!

This is entirely due to my mastery of Cloning IV. I can project my persona into anything. While I was in there I also messed up your bag organisation.
    Good luck finding your meats now!
    Posted 13 years ago by Wrendolin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Crud, I knew I should have learned that instead of Botany!
    Posted 13 years ago by Jenna Banana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the report. We've known this can happen for a while, but don't yet know why, or more importantly, how to reproduce.

It happens when the avatar renderer swaps in an incorrect collection of bitmaps for a particular animation sequence, so the person you turn in to will always be someone that you have seen recently (else the incorrect bitmaps will have never been rendered or already discarded).

Very curious that you were disconnected just before it happened. That could be a good clue. We're soon going to give parts of that whole system a performance overhaul, so I'll have a close look then.
    Posted 13 years ago by eric Subscriber! | Permalink