Topic

buttons working?

I get the feeling something should happen when I click on the buttons in the game, but I'm not sure. Like it if pet a butterfly or something, the buttons seem to "press" but nothing ever happens?

edit: so, something is wrong with me. none of the submenu buttons work for me, like if i click on food, or click "nevermind" on things. I have to hit esc to get out of those menu's I've tried on FF, IE and Chrome. Windows 7, Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53

edit: works fine on another computer, has to be something with flash, all the browsers on that PC buttons didn't work. I will also say, that even without the buttons working I logged back in like 4 times hoping they would start... fun game :)

Posted 14 years ago by cohesion Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• So the first thing I'd like to figure out is when you say that the buttons press but don't do anything, are you trying to use both the keyboard and the mouse to push them? How are you bringing the menus up in the first place? If you haven't tried both sets of combinations (menu by keyboard, click by keyboard; menu by keyboard, click by mouse; menu by mouse, etc. etc.) can you do so and tell me if there are any inconsistencies between the two?

Here's one thing I'd like you to try, as well. When you load the game, go to the URL on your browser tab and enter the following: alpha.glitch.com/game/?SWF_... (or more specifically, change the ?SWF_wmode=direct parameter of the existing URL to ?SWF_mode=opaque). If that fixes it, let me know.

Also, since you're running a beta version of Flash on your Windows 7 machine, after you've tried opaque wmode, would you mind uninstalling your current version of Flash and trying with the release version?
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was trying with the keyboard and using the mouse. The menu would come up but the buttons would not "press". Unfortunately I had already reinstalled flash back to the normal version (Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45) in between having access to glitch to try and solve the problem. This has corrected the issue, but I could not test the opaque mode because of this.
    Posted 14 years ago by cohesion Subscriber! | Permalink