Topic

Peat, UR doing it RONG

It really seems like the peat quest isn't registering. This test, for the second time, I was with a group of people trying to do this. And allowing for mistakes and disorganization, there were still several clear instances when we completed the quest in under 9 seconds and no one got the achievement.

Just sayin.

Posted 13 years ago by Tradescantia Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I had a similar problem last test where the reward/indication of completion wasn't given until I refreshed the page. Might not be what you saw here, but figured I'd add my .02. I felt like a total idiot after the third attempt, only to realize that I actually did it right...for once.
    Posted 13 years ago by Joe Blow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wasn't able to revisit the Peat stuff this test, but I was able to complete it last test with only two mis-starts.

First, you need to make sure you have 4-6 people in your party... too small and it won't empty fast enough, too big and things go weird... hopefully this explains.

1) You need to make sure that everyone in your party is able to interact with the bog. You can only dig a bog once per day, so early morning is easiest.
    2) The bog has to be full. You can see it, it looks like a little hill. If the Quester activates the Quest (through the Rock) He'll tell you if it isn't full - but if it is be ready to GO.
    3) This Quest is made 10x easier if you are good with your keyboard.

Start by sorting your party out, the Quester to one side and helpers to the other. This is so everyone can see.
    The Quester needs to open the Rock, activate the Quest (and remember to click back in the game window when you are done). The bog will talk.

Here's the thing I think most people miss... the Quester needs to start the digging. I've helped people with this Quest several times... without fail, if someone else started the digging - the Quest is unsuccessful.

It's tricky, you've got 9 seconds to get things empty from the first time the bog talks... but it can be done.
    Posted 13 years ago by Travinara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Trav: I was one of the people you were with last test, and I followed your guidelines as much as I could yesterday. My last attempt yesterday was perfect, according to those instructions. I was the quester, I started, we all dug. And nothing happened.

Maybe it's possible, but it seems to me that with that level of frustration it's going to be like the gardens - if it only works once in every 15 or so attempts, people won't bother. Especially when you have to gather so many people in the first place and not everyone cooperates perfectly every time.
  • Instructions here too: www.glitch-strategy.com/wik...
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Hburber - that's really helpful. thanks. I'll definitely try again next test (unless there's a reset, of course *grin*)
  • The gardens actually worked nicely last test, though I never found them terribly cumbersome to begin with... just couldn't see them very well before. I expect it will take me three tries to do anything, but still find the gardening quite pleasant. Same thing with most of the Quests... it usually takes me a few tries to get it right.

I think we need to double check if the Quester has to be a digger... would be great to know if anyone has been successful without digging in the last 2 tests, cause I think they tweaked that.
    Posted 13 years ago by Travinara Subscriber! | Permalink