Topic

spend skill point

I see there is a previous issue kinda related. When I level up, I can't spend the skill point. It doesn't crash though, just launching that doesn't happen. If I say later, and then click the menu item at the top right to spend skill points that also does not work. If I reload then I can do it, and I can launch that interface as much as I want until I level up again.

Posted 14 years ago by cohesion Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• It's hard to say what this is because it happens repeatedly, but it clearly isn't a pop-up blocker or reloading wouldn't matter. Can you keep an eye on what other game windows/dialogs (such as the map, or dialog with your pet rock) you have open when this happens?
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've had this too; hard to tell why it doesn't open the "Skill" window/tab.
    Posted 14 years ago by Peter Verona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It seems like it is related to popup blocking, but I don't get an error message or "chrome blocked a popup" type thing. Bee in the game (not sure if that is an employee) mentioned that this was a known issue with chrome 5.

Turning off popup blocking, then reloading makes the error not occur on next level up.
  • Yeah, Chrome doesn't trust any pop-ups from Flash, whether the user initiated with a click or not.
    Posted 14 years ago by Grumpy Scots Git Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, I don't recommend using Chrome 5 with Glitch. I should've mentioned that. It just really does not get along with pop-ups. It's unfortunate, but it's what we have to work with since we can't control the browser market (yet! ;-)).
  • Using Safari here (4.0.5) and clicking on the big message to spend the skill point doesn't work, but clicking on the spend the skill point top-right works fine.
    Posted 14 years ago by Sasson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So that what the problem was with Chrome, although I am using a of 4.

I kept switching between IE and Chrome, but IE was actually much worse because of lag (I guess that is the term) and it became too hard to manipulate my character.
    Of course, that might be a memory thing with my machine--I don't know enough about that stuff to be able to pinpoint it.

So which browser (aside from Safari, don't own any Apple products) would be recommended for playing right now --or when the next test starts?
    Posted 14 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Lalu You can download Safari for windows. Or you can try Opera. But Safari is a no-go too on this issue.
    Posted 14 years ago by Edward Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Firefox will work, and Safari should as well. I'll try to do some testing with Safari this week to make sure things aren't broken. It's really just Chrome 5 that has this problem; you can disable pop-up blocking in Chrome 4 and it should work just fine.

To make sure, go to the wrench menu at the top right of your browser, select Options, then the Under the Hood tab.
    From there, select "Content Settings" at the top left, select the Pop-ups tab, and click Exceptions (note: you can skip the next few steps by selecting "Allow all sites to show pop-ups" but I'm not sure I'd recommend that unless you only plan to use Chrome for playing Glitch).
    After that, hit Add, and in the "Host:" box type "*.glitch.com", make sure Allow is selected as the Action, and click Ok. All done. Close out of the 3 open windows and try again - you may want to reload the browser first, but you shouldn't need to.
    If this doesn't work you may try also adding "*.tinyspeck.com", but let me know if this causes a change in behavior because we shouldn't be referring to anything at the *.tinyspeck.com domain.
  • Chrome 5 worked for me the whole last test, I just had to add that to the popups exceptions. It didn't seem to work with *.glitch.com, I used alpha.glitch.com though, and didn't have the problem again.