Topic

[not a bug] Freezing on right click

Sometimes i accidentally right click on something and get the flash menu, this freezes me to the point where I have to force the browser to close via the task manager and start it up again. This is in firefox 3.6.3 on the pc.

Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This happened to me a few times as well this weekend. I think you can get out of this without closing the browser, but it's a bit awkward and might be just as fast since Firefox will remember your tabs. It's more than likely this is a problem with Flash and not necessarily something we can fix, but I'll see if I can't find a good way to keep that menu from mussing everything up.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a problem that affects a lot of people, independent of Glitch, and it appears to be an issue with Firefox. I've read here (http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla/topics/flash_causes_firefox_3_6_to_freeze_how_do_i_stop_this) that the Firefox 3.7 pre-release alpha build has fixed this, but you're on your own if you want to go that route to try to fix it. Do let me know if it works, but I don't want to be liable for telling people to upgrade to a potentially unstable browser version :)
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink