Topic

[confirmed] leaderboard rankings

On the 'top travellers' leaderboard 1st page, it shows those who visited 33 places as 2nd, 3rd, 4th... and myself at 10th instead of tied for 2nd. When I look at other pages, it lists me ranked 2nd instead of 10th.

Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Are you saying that you think it should say that you're all tied for 2nd, or were you seeing people with visits numbering less than 33 between 5th and 9th? Right now everyone from 2nd to 10th is at 33, so if it's the former I can file something and we'll see when we can take a look at changing that functionality, and if it's the latter then it may be a temporary issue where things weren't being properly refreshed on the webpage, so I'll need to figure out a good way to reproduce that.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Right now I don't believe tie are sorted in any sort of logical way, either, so I've asked the team to take a look at that. Ideally we'd record when you reached 33 areas traversed, for example, and whoever had had it the longest would be put on top, but that'll take some work on our end, so I wouldn't really want to be the one to estimate when you might see that.
  • This is harder for you to see cuz you're first in your tied group and will be 55th on all the leaderboard's pages.

"Are you saying that you think it should say that you're all tied for 2nd"

I'm fine if it's that or if ties are broken in any fashion, as long as the leaderboard doesn't show me as 10th on one page and 2nd on the rest. I would guess that leaderboarders would want to see the group listed as tied for 2nd in chronological order.

"were you seeing people with visits numbering less than 33 between 5th and 9th?"

never saw that on any board

There seems to be some order to it, cuz Stoot tends to be last in his tied groups, reverse account number order? reverse chronological?
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Right now, as I understand it, there's no deliberate rationale behind the sorting method, so I wouldn't read too much into how it's done. We do plan to make ties actually look like ties on the leaderboards, though, so no worries there. Thanks for reporting this!