Topic

[confirmed] petting pigs while Hell One loads

If I petted pigs by keeping the return key pressed and I died, it keeps giving me the pig menu as Hell One loads. I verified that the +3 XP that appears is being added into the total.

Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• When you say you kept the return key pressed, do you mean that you just kept the menu up? Holding down the return key should actually open the window up and hit the default action repeatedly, not leave the menu open.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was tough to see when Hell One loaded fast, obvious when it took a few seconds. The menu appeared, the default would highlight and trigger, the menu would disappear/reappear, repeat... That carried through from where the pigs were through some of the load page if not completely through the loading. When I let up on the return key as Hell One was loading, the petting would instantly pause and wait for me to press it again to trigger the default.
  • Okay, so I think I have a better idea of what you're describing, correct me if I'm wrong:

With low energy, on the verge of death, walk up to a pig. Hold down enter to pet the pig repeatedly (opening the menu, triggering default action, repeat). This causes energy loss that sends you to Hell One, but while you're in transit (while Hell One is loading) you can still interact with the pig for a bit, and you can continue to pet him briefly, but only as long as you hold the enter key down.
  • Yep. (When Hell One took longer to load, it wasn't so brief. Possibly would have had minutes of it if I were on a 56K modem instead of DSL.) If you release the key while in transit and if the menu is still there, you can resume the interaction by pressing the key.
  • There's actually (at least) 3 bugs involved in this behavior, and I've filed them accordingly. Thanks again, Tingly!
  • You're welcome, with apologies to my fellow pig levelers. :)