Topic

[confirmed] piggy feed menu option

Yesterday I couldn't find any piggies with an activated "feed" menu option. Even though that is my current Pet Rock quest. It isn't clear to me if searching for activated piggies is part of the quest.

In the test session previous to yesterday I found&fed piggies with an active "feed" option (but that was before the Pet Rock assigned me the quest).

Posted 14 years ago by rothko Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I noticed this too -- I found a couple of hungry piggies right at the beginning of the test session, but none at any time afterwards, and was forced to buy my seed instead of digging through poop for them (the dignity!)
    Posted 14 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We've seen some reports of pigs that never grow hungry, and I've filed a bug internally to get this looked at. Thanks, guys! Hope you had fun despite being unable to dig through pig poop :(
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In case it's helpful, I never found any hungry piggies either, and not for lack of clicking on many dozens of them to check.
    Posted 14 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I noticed this again today, although I did find about a dozen piggies who would each only eat once, only one was ever hungry after that initial feed.

Somebody else mentioned that the piggies were suddenly eating meat, which they hadn't done before, on the off-chance that's related.
    Posted 14 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was the one who mentioned they were eating meat. I couldn't get the pigs in my house to eat - the feed was grayed out. I found some pigs in the rest of the world I could feed, but they never plopped. After getting tired of trying with grain, I experimented, and I was able to feed them cherries, meat, spices, and all sorts of food items they didn't used to eat. They just gobbled up their own meat and said "Thank you!" Bit disturbing, really.
    Posted 14 years ago by Pixel? Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh - and the ones I could feed, I fed multiple times. Didn't see the one-time-only thing. As far as the ones in my house - I don't have a feeder, and there was no food on the ground, in case that matters.
    Posted 14 years ago by Pixel? Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also had trouble feeding pigs last night. I found a few that needed feeding but not more than once and none of them pooped. Made it a bit of a bore really.
    Posted 14 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ditto bluto's comment, except that I found none in need of sustenance, and no plops.
    Posted 14 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink