Topic

[investigating] counting streets visited

rothko having 34 streets visited and my having 33 had me check this.

- groddle forest (18 streets plus properties)
Upper Valley Heights
Middle Valley Meadow
Adanac
Groddle Forest Junction
Thicket
Burnabee
Northwest Passage
A Wintry Place
Switchback
Doon Way
Lem Hill
Ti Street
Lower Valley Hollow
The Short Track
Hechey Track
East Valley Clearing
West Hechey Clearing
The Great Hole to Ix
a zillion properties

- ix (4 plus uncle's)
Groddle Ladder
Ruta Ascension
Guillermo Gamera Way
Uncle Friendly’s Emporium
Flipside

- uralia (3)
Cebarkul
Oktyabrya
Ilmenskie

- ilmenskie caverns (7)
The Entrance
Level 1 East
Level 2 East
Level 1 West
Level 2 West
Karpal Tunnel
The Drop

- quest areas (2)
Rainbow Run
Hairball area

- death (1)
Hell One

So, that's 33 plus 2 quest areas (which I assume don't count), Uncle F's (which I assume is part of GG Way) and properties (which I assume are part of the street they're on). I have credit for 33 visited and there's rothko's 34. Just confirmed that other people's properties don't count.

Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• What is the bug exactly?
    Posted 14 years ago by eric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wasn't sure if there's a bug. If there are only 33 locations that are meant to count, rothko got an extra one. If one of the extra 4 are meant to count, I didn't get credit. If I haven't found location #34, then no bug.
  • Just a quick reminder, please take a look at the post at staging.glitch.com/forum/bu... and keep those guidelines in mind when posting bugs. I don't want to discourage anyone from posting with a bunch of thick archaic rules, and I've tried to write those guidelines with that in mind, but if everyone can take a few extra moments when filing bugs to organize them accordingly, it's a huge load off of my (and lauraglu's, and everyone else's) backs.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • or alpha.glitch.com/forum/bugs...
    I'll see if I can fix up mine.
  • I have been to Flipside at least three times - twice today and once in the last test, and today when I went into Flipside it said it was my first time there, and awarded me 26XP.
    Posted 14 years ago by Pixel? Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tingly: Thanks. You've given us a lot of input, and we appreciate it all, so thanks for taking the extra time to go back over things a bit.

Also, specific to this issue, there was a problem wherein visits to locations weren't being properly recorded. This should be fixed now, so that may address your issue, Tingly, and that should explain yours, too, Pixel.
  • Sometimes I forget to post VITAL bits of info like above. The form may keep me in line. :)

The only thing now is if 34 is too many. I'll go roaming and see if I pick up #34.
  • I'm still at 33. I'll pretend that Rothko got first-visit credit twice for somewhere.
  • I'll take a look at this soon and see if I can figure it out.
  • During the Rainbow Run quoin quest I got stuck in a repeating loop during one of the earlier tests. I had time to find the hole in the skull entrance. I forget what it is called. Maybe that is the missing place.
    Posted 14 years ago by rothko Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is the hole in the skull entrance in Rainbow Run?
  • Yes.
  • i've visited all those places but am stuck at 30.

sounds like i should try visiting them all again, although RR and Hairball and impossible to get back to.
    Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...until the next reset. I've been expecting it by the time of the coming xp/level/skills revamp if not before.
  • curious! the location that rothko has visited that tingly hasn't is LLI36RH66G21QUM, which no longer exists. not sure what it was, but you went there 7 times!
    Posted 14 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lauraglu hit her 34th a test or 2 ago. Maybe it's something on the dev side with her, cuz stoot's up to 36.
  • LLI36RH66G21QUM still exists in my heart.