Topic

[not a bug] Issue with creation of new Alchemical Compounds.

I was messing around with the Test Tube and I placed lots of different elements into it. I was informed that I had managed to create Abbasidose, and was given XP accordingly. When I checked the Alchemistry Kit, I had Abbasidose in there, but also Diabolic Acid, which I had never created before. This didn't appear in the recipe book and I didn't receive any XP for it.

When I looked at the image, I decided to recreate the Diabolic Acid compound, and this time I received the XP for it, and it appeared in the recipe book. I now have two Diabolic Acid compounds in the Alchemistry Kit. The first unintentional, unrewarded compound, and the second intentional compound. The game has recognised them as the same and stacked them though.

Posted 14 years ago by TGDT Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Diabolic Acid is a by-product of Alchemy. The acid itself isn't used for anything, but you can probably sell it to a vendor for a few currants or something.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll follow up on the recipe discovery part, though; not sure how specifically that's supposed to work.
  • Okay, so yes, there is a recipe just for making Diabolic Acid, and since you know it you can tell that it's not exactly a tricky recipe or anything. Diabolic Acid isn't used for anything, though, as I said earlier, so you'll probably just want to sell it off to a vendor somewhere. We'll be taking out the recipe for Diabolic Acid altogether, though, because it doesn't really make sense to have one. I think at one point we had thought to use it for something or other but decided not to.
  • Okay, thanks.
    Posted 14 years ago by TGDT Subscriber! | Permalink