Topic

[investigating] superhuman leaps

Repro Steps
-----------
jump up to the signpost in the caverns that takes you back to ilminskie or however you spell it

Expected Behavior
-----------------
Jump the usual length and run the rest of the way to the signpost.

Actual Behavior
---------------
Jumps an incredible distance about to the left edge of the street. Follows the contour which may mean it's a Springsteen knee slide.

I like it, not in favor of a change, but not really against change either for consistent physics. It happens in other places in the caverns, too.

Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I don't have an official word on this but I don't know if we consider this something we'll fix or not; sometimes these weird physics glitches (like being able to do an upside-down head slide on slanted ceilings) are more trouble than they're worth to fix, especially for something as innocuous and endearing as the aptly-titled Springsteen Knee Slide :) I will let you know when I hear more about this.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is fixed. Or should be :) Let us know if you still see the problem anywhere!
    Posted 14 years ago by eric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's harder to do with the physics nerf, but I'll give it a shot.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have noticed this a few times, mostly in Lem Hill. And I think that the "Springsteen Knee Slide" is the best thing I've ever heard.
    Posted 14 years ago by Soopa-Fresh Subscriber! | Permalink