Topic

[fixed] Uncaught error: Error #1009

Repro:
1. Started up Glitch from alpha.glitch.com/alpha/lead...
2. Upon accessing menus for items, the following errors began appearing.

[UncaughtErrorEvent type="uncaughtError" bubbles=true cancelable=true eventPhase=2]
TypeError: Error #1009
[UncaughtErrorEvent type="uncaughtError" bubbles=true cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

3. If I cancel, the errors begin appearing with greater frequency even when I'm not opening a menu. After about 30 seconds the game becomes unplayable (can't access food, get stuck in a tutorial dialog)

Posted 14 years ago by Danc Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I'm digging into this one now. Can you give me any other details? Does it happen with certain items? any other pattern you notice with it? Does it happen every time you load the game? Thanks!
    Posted 14 years ago by eric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It happens every time I load the game.

So far, I haven't noticed an obvious repro case.
    - Currently in Hell
    - Click on grapes to squish
    - After about 5 squished grapes, the error appears.

It seems to have to do with the number of times I bring up the menu, but it isn't completely clear cut.
  • I got a similar error:

onLoaderError: Saucepan assets1.tinyspeck.com/items...[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2035"]

This error has been logged! You may wish to head to the bug forum and report it, too. (But you probably don't need to mention it in the Help Chat Channel.)[UncaughtErrorEvent type="uncaughtError" bubbles=true cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

Posted 14 years ago by Cymon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Danc, can you tell me if you see this problem now?
  • Also, Danc, and Cymon, if you could find it in your hearts to install the debugger version of Flash, as listed at the top of this page alpha.glitch.com/forum/bugs/, it would help me diagnose your problems a lot :)
  • I installed the debugger version, is this an improved error because of that version? Not really sure, it asks me to install the debugger version now.

I get this message consistantly when I meditate, or eat, or really interact with almost anything.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at com.reintroducing.sound::SoundManager/getSoundPosition()
    at com.reintroducing.sound::SoundManager/playSound()
    at com.tinyspeck.engine.sound::SoundMaster/playSound()
    at com.tinyspeck.engine.port::PackContainerView/_clickHandler()
    Posted 14 years ago by cohesion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • cohesion, yeah, I had it displaying that message to people who already HAD the debugger version installed. I just fixed that :)

And yes, that is an enhanced error report, thanks.

And, I also just hopefully fixed that problem with the sounds. Please let me know if you still have troubles after a reload. Thanks very much.
  • Hi Eric,

Looks like it works now. No errors since you reported a potential fix. You have once again managed to earn the "I Rock" badge today. (I only get to wear the one that has questionable punctuation: "I, Rock")

Much appreciated,
    Danc.
  • Marking this as fixed, after some all-star help from eric and confirmation from Danc. Thanks everybody!
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink