Topic

[known issue] arrow keys stop working after message appears

In almost all instances, if a message pops up that has to be clicked on afterwards the arrow keys stop working. If I click to move my avatar they reengage after that. It happens in all locations.

I'm running Glitch in Chrome on OSX 10.5

Posted 14 years ago by Marina Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I believe that's a feature, since popups with buttons can be navigated with the arrow keys, right? o.o
    Posted 14 years ago by Catriona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chrome and Safari have problems with glitch, especially Chrome. Try Firefox, no problems for me.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We probably shouldn't be telling users to switch browsers at this phase... we want to help the devs make sure it works with all browsers *now* so we don't end up having it not work in one browser in the future when the game actually comes out, right?

The "try this other browser" is often a default response other games make because no one bothered to test with the browser in the first place during the testing phase (or they did and just solved the problem by switching to another browser because it was too much of a hassle). Which we're doing now! ^^

That said, since it isn't working and the devs (probably) are working on it...
    Posted 14 years ago by Catriona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Even the devs tell people to switch browsers. It's an old bug.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, we're having issues with Chrome and maintaining focus properly. It is an old issue and it's something we're trying to get worked out but it's really persistent and has proven fairly tricky to fix.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink