Topic

[investigating] Error #1009 in mac firefox

Everytime I click on something or choose a menu option, I get this, prevents me from doing anything but chat and movement.
[UncaughtErrorEvent type="uncaughtError" bubbles=true cancelable=true eventPhase=2]
TypeError: Error #1009

Mac OSX 10.6.4, Firefox 3.0.19, Flash 10,1,82,76
---
Update, switched to a version of Firefox released this century (3.6.8) and it works fine. But wait, back to #1009's again. It worked for a minute.

Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Did you try reloading the client? Sounds like something went haywire when your game client was loading and now it's trying to access an object property that doesn't exist every time you click on things. Other players have logged in with OSX and Firefox and are playing okay so I'm not sure what would've caused this specifically except some sort of transient bugginess. Let me know if you tried a reload and it didn't work.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Reloading didn't help. I'll try downloading Flash again for lack of anything better to do. :)
  • Your version of Firefox is pretty old, too, but not much changed in the game between yesterday and today that would've caused this to happen, as far as I can tell. Hmm.. vexing. Shoot me an IM next time you're in-game and we'll try to work this out.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • mysteriously fixed