Topic

[fixed] Item "trapped" underground

Spotted this in my garden at 53 Lower Valley Hollow:

The mild sauce is trapped where I can't reach it.

Screenshot explains better:
skitch.com/thatcanadiangirl...

Posted 14 years ago by Vero Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Saturday, if I walked from the backyard to that point or a bit inside the house and dropped something, it went underground like that without fail. Going into the house far enough and coming back would stop it. Today, I couldn't get anything to go underground.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • At my house stuff fell underground too.
    Posted 14 years ago by rothko Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh, i meant to say that you can oftentimes drag underground stuff into your inventory. I got a musicblock for someone that way yesterday.
  • My attempts to drag up the underground items at my house came to no avail.
    Posted 14 years ago by rothko Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah yes, items dropping below the floor line... we've seen this before. If you let us know when (and where) this happens, we can replace the misplaced items with one you can actually reach.
    Posted 14 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You can drag items into your inventory? I didn't even know that. o.o
    Posted 14 years ago by Catriona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had 2 devs hanging out in my house for a long while during the weekend test, dropping and retrieving things to test the hole-in-the-floor I'd found. I hope that helped pinpoint some of the issues....
    Posted 14 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • (And by the by, the location of your trapped secret sauce is the same place where things were falling through the floorboards in my house, too.)
    Posted 14 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had a way to reproduce it, but it didn't work yesterday. [Sunday! oops] Must have made some progress.
  • *Yesterday*? Are you a dev or did I miss a test? :/

Oh, right, timezones, right? ^^;
    Posted 14 years ago by Catriona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah we've pinpointed the spot where these things drop and we're working on ways to prevent that from happening anymore. Gonna mark this as fixed for the time being and we'll see how it pans out.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink