Topic

[not a bug] Can't load the realty listings in Upper Valley Heights

When I click on a front door, then on "view the realty listing" in the balloon that displays the house's price, the bubble closes and nothing else happens.

I'm on Firefox on Snow Leopard with adblock turned off for the whole site.

Posted 14 years ago by Popageorgio Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I also was unable to load any realty listings at all, in any street. I was using Safari on Snow Leopard. I confess I did have "Block Pop-up Windows" turned on... it never occurred to me that I would need to turn that off. If that's a requirement (blah) it might be helpful to have it warn me, the user, about it. It's not something I would have thought of quickly.
    Posted 14 years ago by Lelu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know blockers need to be shut off and I still forget until the 10th time I try to do something.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm in chrome, and none of the popup woes bothered me because everything just opened in a new tab. o.o

Of course, Chrome opens new tabs BEHIND the current one, so when I inspected my garden for the first time I "?!"'d for a while until I glanced up and saw the extra tab that wasn't there before. So I guess I can relate with the frustration. Sorta. ^^

Realty listings should appear in Flash as an info popup like items have (but the realty listings on the website should also still be there). They should also have an extra "Sell My Current House and Buy This House" option (that results in the pet rock telling you that you'll lose all the items in your current house if you tell him you really want to change houses) though.

*huff huff*

That would reduce the popup woes. ^^
    Posted 14 years ago by Catriona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We do require that you disable popup blocking for *.glitch.com, but I will see if there are ways we can better socialize this requirement. Sorry for the confusion.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink