Topic

[confirmed] Walking + Meditating

If you click on a signpost on the map at the top (to start walking) and then try to meditate (I "focus energy"d), the meditation is cancelled properly (cause you're walking), but you still get 2XP. You should either get no XP (cause you didn't actually meditate for more than a few milliseconds) or you should stop walking and meditate. Probably the latter.

Posted 14 years ago by Soopa-Fresh Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I was telling someone in the game yesterday that failure is a learning experience. At least that's how I considered it.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tingly: The thing is, though, it wasn't a failure. You get two points and keep walking. I feel like if you're walking and you decide to meditate, the game should make you stop walking. Cancelling the meditation is definitely wrong (and it opens the possibility for someone to rack up XP by simply walking back and forth clicking Meditate.
    Posted 14 years ago by Soopa-Fresh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Meditation stops when you move, so it has to fail if you're moving as you start meditating. You learned 2XP from the failure (+0 energy/mood). But the point about racking up XP might be agreeable. It reminds me of the old pig leveling strategy.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll look into whether or not we can put in a minimum timeframe before XP rewards are granted so this doesn't become a quick way to rack up early XP - not that it would scale especially well at higher levels, or be particularly entertaining, but it IS kind of odd.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink