Topic

[awaiting response] can't close quest log (solved, sort of)

I started learning my skills first, then entered the world. A lovely quest log popped up with lots of things for me to do! I just picked one quest, then tried to close the dialog box. It closed and popped right back up! I tried agreeing to all of the quests in the log and then closing the box, but it still popped up! I was able to move the quest log around but when I'd close it, it would pop back up.

after saving and closing the world: no more quest log. I was able to then open and close it without the error. Problem solved!

I'm viewing glitch through firefox 3.6.8 on windows xp.

Posted 14 years ago by Mursock Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I was having the same problem, with the quest log popping back up whenever I closed it. Closing the game and re-entering solved the problem for me too.

I'm on a Mac, using Chrome 6.0.472.62.
    Posted 14 years ago by Bitsy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This sounds like a bug, but I want to confirm a few things first:

1) Had you accepted all of the pending quests in your log (the ones with a 'Tell Me More' button)
    2) If you close the box, how long was it taking to pop up? Was it instantaneous, or did it take 5, 15, 30 seconds, or something to that effect?
    3) Was this the very first time you'd logged in before the test started?
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 1) I had accepted all of the pending quests.

2) The box was popping up--not quite instantaneously, but within 2-3 seconds, I think.

3) I'm not sure I understand... it was my first time logging in during this particular test, but I've logged in several times in the past.
    Posted 14 years ago by Bitsy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had this same problem when I logged in today. I accepted all the quests (and for the immediate ones said I'd do them later), but the quest log still popped up immediately every time I closed it. Reloading the game solved the problem for me.
    Posted 14 years ago by Amy Pond Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okay. I'll file a bug and we'll take a look at this. Thanks for the reports and follow-up, Bitsy + Amy.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink