Topic

[confirmed] Chicken has been incubating egg for several hours / tests

I gave the chicken in my house (29 lower valley hollow) an egg to incubate, and waited for several minutes for it to incubate it. After waiting several minutes I left to explore the world, checked back after a few hours, and it was still incubating it. After checking several times, several hours, and several tests, it is still incubating it. Is this a bug, or am I missing something about incubating eggs with chickens?

Posted 14 years ago by quoo Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• It looks like, somehow, your chicken's timer got messed up. Give a holler in the help channel next time you get a minute and we'll replace the chicken+egg with a new one that should incubate in a more reasonable timeframe.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The same thing happened to me. I started the incubation process on the last test and it was STILL going at the close of this test.
    Posted 14 years ago by Jade Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me too (a piggie egg).
    Posted 14 years ago by rothko Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thanks, will do beefcake - if there's not a reset:)
  • Houdini's mentioned that he's still seeing this bug.
  • I had this happen on the last created street for this test before close when I attempted to incubate two pig eggs. After incubating a half dozen at my house without issues (usually took 2-3 minutes) I tried it out elsewhere. The server was really lagging up toward the end so it was a bit difficult to tell what was going on since the chickens weren't sitting and instead just walking or standing in place and I had to go by textual clues as to what the chicken was doing (ie: "almost done!") and timing it from there.

Eventually on the first one I squeezed the chicken a few minutes after it should have finished incubating resulting in both a piglet and some grain. The second one however I allowed to incubate longer and after squeezing resulted in nothing.

Not quite sure what happened but the second incubation either failed or I lost it in one of the several sacks I had on me and had to quit soon after so I don't know what happened. But it's among the last actions I took before the game closed today.
    Posted 14 years ago by LechD Subscriber! | Permalink