Topic

[confirmed] Chatting with Ubuntu/Chrome doesn't allow you to see all of what you are typing

Using Chrome (7.0.517.41 beta) on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

When I type in the chat, and my sentence happens to extend beyond the confines of the text entry bar, the rest of my sentence disappears. A screen grab:
i.imgur.com/mCuwR.png

From the chat, I had typed: "Here's an example sentence, just so I can take a screen grab to send"
...And from what you can see in the screen grab, everything after "I can take a ..." is missing.

Workaround: Press Shift+End to highlight the sentence, moving the cursor to the end of the line. Not pretty, but it works.

Posted 14 years ago by Aerin Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I spoke with our client lead about this issue and by all counts it looks like a bug in Flash. Unfortunately the time it'd take to set up an environment to test and fix (read: implement a workaround for) this makes it a low priority issue. We'll probably look to revisit this down the line at some point, and I've filed a bug to track it, but it may be a while. Sorry, Aerin!
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Actually, for the record, it behaved a bit better this time around, so it's intermittent? Obviously not a huge priority, so no worries. :)
    Posted 14 years ago by Aerin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It happens on Ubuntu with Firefox too (which probably re-inforces that it is a Flash problem).
    Posted 14 years ago by rothko Subscriber! | Permalink