Topic

[awaiting response] After the rook attack - couple of bugs

My browser tab crashed during the rook attack. After reloading the tab (thanks, Chrome!), I have run into a couple of bugs. I assume this is because I hopped back into the game right after the rook was defeated.
1: There is a piggy walking in the air for me. No one else can see it but me. (Maybe my character is crazy.)
2: The birds are still flying around. Not attacking, just...there.

Screen grab of both:
imgur.com/mhibX.png

Also, thank you for making it that much harder to get rid of my fear of blackbirds. ;)

(Really, though, it was fun, albeit laggy.)

Posted 14 years ago by Aerin Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I expect we're going to be doing more rook testing in the coming weeks so I may hold off on filing something here until we've had a chance to get more feedback on these issues, but:

1) Did you try reloading the client and did that affect the levitating piggy?
    2) Did anyone else see the rook flying around or was it just you?

Glad you enjoyed it, sorry about the lag (we're working on that), and expect to see more of this stuff in the future :)
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • After I reloaded, yes, the levitating piggy and remaining birds went away. I think it was just the fact that I happened to show up just as things ended. From what I heard from other users, it was only me seeing it.
    Posted 14 years ago by Aerin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We were seeing a lot of one-off bugs that were symptoms of a deeper issue that we haven't seen since, and I think this was probably one of them, but we'll see when we do more rook attacks. We've sidelined rook stuff a bit while we work on some other things in prep for the player wipe last week and a few bigger tests in the coming weeks, so when we start doing it again (which should be soon!) I'll keep an eye out for more of this behavior. Thanks Aerin!
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I saw the floating Piggy too, for a little while.
    Posted 14 years ago by Houdini Subscriber! | Permalink