Topic

[not a bug] cannot collect floating XPs, C$s, etc

I was in Groddle Forest Junction on the red rocks; they are all around me but I cannot get them. It's been working for 20 minutes, just stopped. took screen shot but uh, how do I attach it? Anyway, I'm sure you can imagine it.

ON EDIT: It's happening again in Marrakesh Meadows. So sad that I cannot harvest the floating things!

Posted 14 years ago by Chelseathing Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This is actually one of the new energy tweaks we introduced today. We changed a few things about how energy works, and there's now a maximum number of quoins you can collect in a day.

This is part of stoot's explanation from the Help Channel today:

"now that there is a limit on how much energy you can get (from eating, meditating, quoins, quests/badges/etc.), and energy use is a conscious choice (b/c we don't take it away for moving), how do you want to spend your energy today?" - stoot
    Posted 14 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Couldn't the quoin flash red when you walk past one, to signify that there's a limit? Or, a discrete progress bar to show how much you're through your Quoin consumption that game day (with the option to hide it, of course)?
    Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK, thanks. But it wasn't obvious, nor am I sure I totally understand the energy part of this, although limiting Quoin collection makes sense. I seemed unable to burn up my energy this time.
    Posted 14 years ago by Chelseathing Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Having quoins disappear or go grey or seethru on your screen when you can't collect them would be loverly.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You get a notification when you reach your limit of quoins for the day, but it seems it wasn't obvious enough. A persistent indicator that you've reached your limit seems like a good idea. And, not being able to use energy... there were a few other players with this 'problem' as well. More tweaking needed.
    Posted 14 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So if you're out of energy and you've reached your max for the day you can't do anything to recharge it? That could be quite painful for a newbie with low energy to begin with. I don't remember anymore how much you start with at level 1? I guess we'll see soon.
    Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We're looking into ways to properly socialize the new energy system into the new player experience, but we can always tweak things if we need to. For instance, running around and jumping and such no longer consumes energy, only specific tasks.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink