Topic

Buying a move box

Doesn't matter what it contains. Is there any kind glitch with an alt that still has one unpacked and wishes to part with it? For a price of course...

It will be proudly displayed for everyone to see in my tower lobby museum, and your name will be on it.

Thank you :)

Posted 12 years ago by Heatseeker Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I have one but it doesn't have my name I believe it's Graceful Glitchen
    Posted 12 years ago by gracerigney Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Added you and will talk in game in... 3 hours?
  • Can these be traded?  If so, how?
    Posted 12 years ago by Muppethead Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Heatseeker, I have moving boxes as well. The ones I have are from the old housing quarters, though, rather than the ones from an individual's /home or /home street. Give a holler in-game, leave a note with my butler, or drop me a mail message if you're interested!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Muppethead, as I recall you need to be a keyholder of the seller who will place it into their cupboard and once you have a key you can then take the moving box out of their cupboard voila!
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Arabesque~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sirentist, that's exactly the kind of boxes I'm after. Added you and sent an in-game mail. Thank you.

Also thanks a lot Arabesque for the detailed procedure to move one *hugs*
  • And I got the box. Thank you Sirentist for your kind donation to the museum! It will be proudly  displayed there for all glitchen to remember past events in our history.
  • I hear the boxes are going to be gone, or they won't last long, from Stoot. I think you got ripped. 
    Posted 12 years ago by I Love You TS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "I hear the boxes are going to be gone, or they won't last long, from Stoot. I think you got ripped." -- Pot

Thanks for weighing in with your opinion, Pot, but I'm not sure why you think my donating a moving box to Heatseeker's museum means she got "ripped."
  • No, that's not what you heard.

The official news is that they were never intended to be used permanently, and while there are no plans to get rid of them, they MAY cause problems with things eventually.  IF that happens they would have to be removed at that point.

http://www.glitch.com/forum/general/22120/
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ? Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Pot: Oh dear. I don't... even know what to say. What can you even say to something like this? Why... gah. *shudders*

@Sirentist: *hugs*
  • *smacks nervously at hugs, even while recognizing they are meant to be sweet and comforting*

And don't worry, Heatseeker, such comments seem to be pretty common here in the Marketplace forum, and Moving Boxes seem to be especially controversial. I even had someone once tell me that selling them was as ethically problematic as the GNG exploit of a few months back!

I, personally, love them, and it's my opinion that the logistics of deleting them from the game would be so tricky it's unlikely to happen unless some sort of drastic feature implementation makes them suddenly unstable or dangerous to general gameplay. 

In any case, when I sell them, I make sure to tell the buyer that stoot has indicated it's possible they might not be around forever. The typical response is, "I don't care. I think they're cool and I want to put one on display!" 

Sometimes the fun of a thing is in simply having it, regardless of what its future might be.
  • *gets in box, sleeps*
    Posted 12 years ago by ? elf ? Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *hides the clicker and stocks up on air fresheners*
  • buroopppp....*eats remote*
  • *puts gift box inside moving box just to mess with elf's head*
  • *saws hole in side of box, changes channel* ...send cigars
  • *sets humane trap just outside hole, baits with cigar-flavored onion rings, and manually adjusts cable box so the only available channels are Hallmark, Lifetime, and the Oprah Winfrey Network*
  • aw i love Oprah....you will never get rid of me now
  • Who said I was trying to get rid of you? I'm using the humane trap, after all.
  • but ima elf

send more snacks  *settles into comfy chair*
  • *sends balut*
  • *naps, snores very loudly*