Topic

What counts as a "meal"?

Hey guys, I am trying for the Gourmand Supreme badge. My boyfriend says he thinks eating 1009 separate cherries, beans, etc. ought to count as eating "1009 meals" while I think the word hints that possibly you need to eat prepared foods 1009 times. Anyone have any insights on this? (I don't cook or eat much, mostly meditate and do icon actions.)

Posted 12 years ago by Klara Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• It would be the prepared foods. Cherries, etc. are all simply components, not meals.

You get a separate achievement for eating meat on its own at least, not sure about some other singular components.
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I may experiment with eating flour one at a time! Or just prepare lots of simple sandwiches and constantly snack my way into badge glory.
    Posted 12 years ago by Klara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got the Noted Epicure (503 meals) badge quite early on from eating meat.  I've been subsisting on Meditate and ancestral quoin since then so I haven't been eating as much, but I assume it hasn't changed.

Note that I haven't learnt Cheffery or its subsequent skills... I do have the first EZC but didn't find it very useful.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Most of my 'meal' output comes from the advanced tools, the FPG and AP, rather than the knife-and-board, which gets used for making flour, mostly.
    Posted 12 years ago by TK-855 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just a tip - flour does not count. Sandwiches would be a better choice. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cherries, meat and flour don't count, then? Do buns count? I think those are the most simple meals, along with fried eggs or something.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mandy.23 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What about a fried egg does that count?
    Posted 12 years ago by Gruff McGruff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Don't know about eggs, but there are achievements for wolfing down raw meat.
    Posted 12 years ago by TK-855 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There are achievements for eating raw eggs, but I assumed fried eggs counted as meals :S   I'm confused right now >.<
  • I got the "Gourmand Supreme" badge last night after I ate some raw meat, so it's not just prepared meals.
    Posted 12 years ago by Knitomaton Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Meal" is counted as a stack of food eaten at once that is above a certain value. Hope this helps!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mart Lume Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i've spent the last day or so sorting this out with the help of some very gracious and patient tinyspeckers - i believe the threshold value to be 10.

fried eggs are 11 and do count as meals.

thing is, you need to eat them one at a time to really boost your meal count.  if you eat a stack of 40 in one go, that's one meal.

:)
    Posted 12 years ago by BeatFreq Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh cool, I would never figure that out on my own! So, does eating one raw meat, or 10 grains (10 energy) count as a meal, or does it have to be above that (11 energy)? xD

Thanks for the help!
  • meat only gives you 5 i think, so meat doe snot count as a meal.... good thing is that you can eat lots of raw meat for awards or lots of raw eggs for awards as well!!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by funnyfarts Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Meat counts as a meal when eaten in stacks. I got a badge for meals eaten while eating a stack of meat.

funnyfarts - Read the threads above you, a Staff member also addressed the question.
    Posted 12 years ago by Knitomaton Subscriber! | Permalink